Much faster than average (14% or higher)
$48.66 hourly, $101,210 annually
Local Salary Information
- Direct daily operations of department, analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards and setting deadlines.
- Meet with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
- Review project plans to plan and coordinate project activity.
- Assign and review the work of systems analysts, programmers, and other computer-related workers.
- Provide users with technical support for computer problems.
- Develop computer information resources, providing for data security and control, strategic computing, and disaster recovery.
- Recruit, hire, train and supervise staff, or participate in staffing decisions.
- Stay abreast of advances in technology.
- Consult with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements.
- Develop and interpret organizational goals, policies, and procedures.
- Evaluate the organization’s technology use and needs and recommend improvements, such as hardware and software upgrades.
- Review and approve all systems charts and programs prior to their implementation.
- Prepare and review operational reports or project progress reports.
- Evaluate data processing proposals to assess project feasibility and requirements.
- Control operational budget and expenditures.
- Purchase necessary equipment.
- Manage backup, security and user help systems.