Much faster than average (14% or higher)
$38.08 hourly, $79,200 annually
Local Salary Information
Master’s 56%, Bachelor’s 30%, Doctoral 11%
- Formulate mathematical or simulation models of problems, relating constants and variables, restrictions, alternatives, conflicting objectives, and their numerical parameters.
- Collaborate with senior managers and decision makers to identify and solve a variety of problems and to clarify management objectives.
- Collaborate with others in the organization to ensure successful implementation of chosen problem solutions.
- Prepare management reports defining and evaluating problems and recommending solutions.
- Study and analyze information about alternative courses of action to determine which plan will offer the best outcomes.
- Specify manipulative or computational methods to be applied to models.
- Perform validation and testing of models to ensure adequacy and reformulate models as necessary.
- Define data requirements and gather and validate information, applying judgment and statistical tests.
- Analyze information obtained from management to conceptualize and define operational problems.
- Observe the current system in operation and gather and analyze information about each of the parts of component problems, using a variety of sources.
- Design, conduct, and evaluate experimental operational models in cases where models cannot be developed from existing data.
- Break systems into their components, assign numerical values to each component, and examine the mathematical relationships between them.