Much faster than average (14% or higher)
$20.76 hourly, $43,190 annually
Local Salary Information
Bachelor’s 46%, Master’s 29%, Associates 18%
- Prepare, manipulate, and manage extensive databases.
- Provide assistance with the preparation of project-related reports, manuscripts, and presentations.
- Obtain informed consent of research subjects or their guardians.
- Perform descriptive and multivariate statistical analyses of data, using computer software.
- Verify the accuracy and validity of data entered in databases, correcting any errors.
- Prepare tables, graphs, fact sheets, and written reports summarizing research results.
- Edit and submit protocols and other required research documentation.
- Develop and implement research quality control procedures.
- Conduct internet-based and library research.
- Present research findings to groups of people.
- Perform data entry and other clerical work as required for project completion.
- Design and create special programs for tasks such as statistical analysis and data entry and cleaning.
- Code data in preparation for computer entry.
- Provide assistance in the design of survey instruments such as questionnaires.
- Screen potential subjects to determine their suitability as study participants.
- Administer standardized tests to research subjects, or interview them to collect research data.
- Recruit and schedule research participants.
- Track research participants, and perform any necessary follow-up tasks.
- Allocate and manage laboratory space and resources.
- Supervise the work of survey interviewers.
- Track laboratory supplies, and expenses such as participant reimbursement.
- Perform needs assessments or consult with clients to determine the types of research and information required.
- Collect specimens such as blood samples, as required by research projects.